Monday 27 May 2013

Fascination to cook!

I have always loved food.  Especially the twist and turns it creates with the spices. And hence my love for cooking. Even though i have cooked every now and then, i was never really intrested in cooking till i got married. Till then i cooked, only when i was in a mood for it. After marriage, although i started it because of the 'no other option available thing', i started loving the idea of cooking for my loved ones. Eh..Probably that is why my mom always cook. We hardly have had food from out. I mean like may be once a week maximum. Her food was awesome and the best thing about my mom's food was variety, tasty and healthy.

Now that i had to start cooking after my marriage ( after marriage we came abroad) my only assets were the few cookery practices at my mom's kitchen and the abundant cooking materials available on the internet. I really can't imagine a life without internet. Thanks to all those superb cooks and recipies available on the net. I should specially thank few of them being sanjeev kapoor and lakshmi's  kitchen.

I guess it has become a fashion for everyone to have a cookery blog. I mean i guess so many of my friends have. So here i am creating this one not for the trend but to help those people like me who are in the starting to medium grade of cooks.

One thing that i have noticed with the one year of exclusive cooking experience is - Do not blindly follow any cooking recipie. You know what your or your family's taste are, so adjust accordingly. I am not a person who follows exact measurements. I prefer to cook with my idea of smell and taste and i adjust everything based on these two elements exclusively. I think that's the best way! One more thing - enjoy what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment