Tuesday 4 June 2013

CHENDAMURI or RIPE BANANA DESERT or ETHAKKA VAZATTIYATHU

CHENDAMURI or RIPE BANANA DESERT or ETHAKKA VAZATTIYATHU: This is one desert that my husband can’t get over with. The first time I heard about chendamuri was after marriage. My mother in law makes it. I guess this dish reminds my husband about his childhood.

This dish is made with jaggery or palm jaggery, ripe bananas and ghee. It is a very simple dish. My 9 month old also seems to be a great fan of it. I have used palm jaggery.




INGREDIENTS:

Ripe Bananas – 2
Ghee or clarified butter -1 to 2 tablespoon
Palm Jaggery - to taste
Elachi or cardamom – 2 to 3 powdered

METHOD:

Cut the bananas into small pieces. Melt the jaggery with little hot water and sieve it to get rid of any particles or sand in it.

Take a heavy bottomed pan and add ghee to it. Add bananas and sauté for sometime till the bananas are tender.

Add jaggery and sauté till the whole liquid is absorbed. Season with cardamom and serve hot. You may garnish with cashew nuts.

 NB: You can also season with dry ginger if you like the taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment