Wednesday 12 June 2013

PEANUT CHUTNEY or SPICY PEANUT BUTTER or PEANUT HUMMUS or PEANUT DIP

PEANUT CHUTNEY or SPICY PEANUT BUTTER or PEANUT HUMMUS or PEANUT DIP:The memory of this chutney dates back to my school days. I have had it only very few times. My mom used to make it at home. The taste is so heavenly that I still remember it to this day. This memory has made me to try it. And it turned to be great! Yup! It was a successful attempt.

If you like hummus, you must definitely try this!

If you like peanut, you should definitely try this!

If you like peanut butter, this should give you a variety. So try it!

If you hate peanut butter like me, this is definitely for you. So try it!

In short try it!!! You will never regret.

I just cannot stand the taste of peanut butter. There would be so many folks around who would want to kick me for that...but I am sorry, I just cannot handle it. There is in fact a restaurant in US, by the name of Peanut butter &Co. You see people love peanut butter so much. I just do not understand why. Even my sister loves it...when my mom used to make peanut butter sandwiches, she had to make sure she made something else for me....it is that bad. I have had it just once, and that was the end.

So, I am dedicating this recipe for such folks.  And yeah one more thing...Peanut is something you should have especially kids. This is because it is high in energy and hence makes it apt for breakfast. It has oleic acid which keeps your cholesterol in check by increasing the good cholesterol and lowering the bad cholesterol. It has good amino acids which promotes growth. It even has vitamin E, which is good for your skin. It also has vitamin B complex and promotes blood flow to brain and improves brain health.  It is a rich source of minerals. Studies have shown that peanuts reduce the risk of cancer, heart diseases and viral or fungal infections.

ALL THIS MAKES IT A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!

You can have it between bread, or with dosa or simply apply it to your Arabic bread. You can even replace this with hummus in that chicken grill kit. Here in UAE, you get hummus in the grilled chicken kit. You should take a piece of Arabic bread or khuboos and dip in hummus and have a piece of grilled chicken and a potato fry or salad piece which is optional and have it. I love the grilled chicken from shatter Hassen in abu dhabi. It is a Lebanese restaurant, I believe(they even have keralites working for them....I guess it is the part of....where ever you go on earth you meet a  malayali kind of thing). One should definitely try it.

So let us move on to the recipe. Definitely an easy one.




INGREDIENTS:

Roasted Peanuts – 15 to 20 (I have used big ones)
Green chilli – 4 small
Red Onion – 1 small
Salt to taste
Water


METHOD:

Remove the peanut skin. Take a grinder and add the roasted peanuts and chopped onion and green chilli. Add little water and salt. Grind it and serve!
 It is as simple as that.


NB: Do not worry, if your chutney turned out to be watery, add more peanuts and adjust your spices.  It should have the hummus or mayonnaise consistency.
If you need more spice, increase the number of chillies. The chutney that I made did not turn out to be too spicy even with 4 chillies.
Remember, you are using roasted peanuts, so have a check on salt levels.
 If you are allergic to peanuts, please do not try this.

REPOSTING AGAIN, AS I DELETED IT BY MISTAKE!



No comments:

Post a Comment